What’s the Big Deal About Tune-Ups?
Maybe you’ve heard the old saying: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” That’s the theory that you shouldn’t go tinkering where there isn’t a problem because you might end up creating a problem that you didn’t have in the first place. Many times we’d agree – but not when it comes to a tune-up on your heating and cooling system.
tune-up is not about fixing what isn’t “broken,” but it’s often about finding a potential trouble spot before it becomes real trouble. And it helps maintain the life and efficiency of your system so that it’s less likely to break down at a most inconvenient time (say, in the middle of a cold winter’s night).
Here’s more scoop on why tune-ups are high-value, low-investment home maintenance and how a diagnostic tune-up can pay for itself in multiple ways:
- A comfortable home is a good thing, but it’s not necessarily a sign of energy efficiency. You could have an undetected problem in your heating system that is increasing your operating costs. A tune-up can find that problem, improve efficiency and, ultimately, save you in the long run.
- Tune-ups lengthen the life of your equipment – and push back for some time the need to invest in a replacement system.
- When a manufacturer warranty calls for regular maintenance, a tune-up will fulfill that requirement – protecting your investment in your system.
- You’ll save on repairs – because tune-ups make the need for repairs less likely.
- You’ll save on energy. As furnaces are tuned up, they operate more efficiently and help you hold onto more of those energy dollars you’re spending to stay comfortable.
- For safety’s sake, a tune-up will enable a trained tech to detect potential dangers, such as life-threatening carbon monoxide leaks.
Schedule your tune-up today. Just call or email, and we’ll take care of you.