You’d think twice about putting a new engine in a old car, right? But many households do not take this same approach when it comes to their heating and cooling systems. They purchase new, high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment and then attach it to a clunker of a duct system.
The equipment may heat and cool the home, but the system never performs at its full potential. The fact is many forced air duct systems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 20%.
The EPA’s Energy Star program recommends that you have your duct system checked either during an equipment replacement or a service call. Make sure you ask us when you schedule your next appointment. By fixing your ducts, you could save up to $140 per year in energy cost!
How do you know if you have a clunker of a duct system? Ask yourself these questions?
- Do your filters get dirty quickly?
- Are there dirt streaks showing at the corners and seams of duct connections?
- Do you have rooms that just do not get much air flow and never seem to be comfortable?
- Do you have ducts in your attic or crawl space?
Any or all these conditions may be contributing to poorly performing ducts. At Parker Heating and Air Conditioning, we go above and beyond the EPA recommendations.
- We inspect the entire air distribution system, including the attic and crawl spaces.
- We seal all leaks and connections with mastic or metal tape, we can even spray foam your duct system. (We never use duct tape!)
- We determine if any additional air returns or new zones are needed.
If you would like to know more about our duct cleaning services, give us a call at 803-366-1097.