How Can a Humidifier Benefit Your Household?
Dry air can make Fort Mill homes uncomfortable to live in because of the negative health effects, static electricity, and energy usage that are associated with decreased humidity levels. Many homeowners attest to the relief humidifiers from AC repairs contractors can bring, especially during cold months of the year.
Health Benefits of Humidifiers
- Alleviate Cold and Flu Symptoms - Studies indicate that a humidity level of at least 40% can decrease airborne viruses' ability to spread and infect. Therefore, using a humidifier in your home could prevent the spread of illnesses, while helping people who have been infected to recover faster.
- Hydrate the Body - An increased moisture level in the air is known to improve dry skin, bloodshot eyes, wrinkles, chapped lips, eczema flare-ups, brittle hair, and dandruff. Applying lotion and lip balm may not be enough to hydrate skin, but purchasing a humidifier from an AC repairs company often helps.
- Open Sinuses - People afflicted with congested airways are often desperate for relief. Coughing, sore throats, stuffy and runny noses, and sneezing can be lessened with the use of a humidifier, and breathing can become a lot easier.
- Limit Allergy and Asthma Symptoms - Allergy and asthma sufferers often experience worsened symptoms during cold weather, but modern humidifiers have been used to moisturize throat and nasal passages and limit the effects of allergens and air pollutants.
- Reduce Snoring - People who snore usually don't complain about their condition, but those who sleep with them often do. If your sleeping partner's snoring keeps you awake at night, try placing a humidifier from your AC repairs contractor in your bedroom to help alleviate the intensity of the snoring.
Other Benefits of Humidifiers
- Nourish Plants - House plants require sufficient amounts water derived from both soil and air, so having inadequate moisture in the air hinders their growth and development.
- Reduce Static Electricity - Shocks from static electricity in your home are bothersome, but increased humidity can alleviate the sudden shocks and frazzled hair that static electricity produces.
- Decrease Energy Costs - By increasing humidity levels, you can make your home feel warmer in cold months, limiting your energy use and lowering your energy bill.
- Protect Woodwork - Wood may crack, shrink, or split as a result of low moisture levels, impairing the wood furniture, trim, cabinetry, and doors in your home.
If you're experiencing a lack of moisture and humidity in your Fort Mill home, particularly during the winter months, reach out to a trusted AC repairs contractor like Parker Heating and Air Conditioning, and request information about humidifiers that would satisfy your household's needs and preferences.