The first thing people think when they hear the words heating repairs are their wallets. What the average person doesn’t think about is how little repairs can help prevent larger and more expensive ones. When it comes to the system necessary for regulating the entire temperature of your home it is never a good idea to procrastinate.
The good news is that there are actually some DIY techniques you can apply to help cut down on the number of minor furnace repairs you may need. Consider doing these several times a year and, at the very least, in the late spring and early fall.
- Don't forget the outside - Everyone thinks to check the part of the system inside the home but tend to neglect the exterior. Debris like twigs or leaves may seem small but can cause big problems.
- Check for leaks - leaks or pools of water can be an indicator that something is not working properly with your system.
- Examine things like… - duct work, coils, the blower and filters.
- And about those filters - each month they should be replaced or at least cleaned well
- Look for cracks - You do not have to be an HVAC professional to be able to spot cracks. Thoroughly look over the furnace and check for broken sealants
Making Smart Choices
Another task people tend to neglect is having their heating and cooling system serviced regularly. You shouldn’t necessarily wait until you need heating repairs to have your system evaluated. Regular maintenance can help prevent the need for fixes, large or small.
Living in or around Redmond, Madras or South County means beautiful but extreme winters. The less stress you subject your unit to, the better. Allow one of the professional service technicians at Parker Heating & Air Conditioning give your HVAC system a look over and help ensure it keeps working.
Parker Heating & Air Conditioning – The Most Trusted Name in the Local Industry
A common mistake homeowners make is cutting corners when it comes to hiring a specialist. A friend’s cousin who took a beginners course or read a book once is not qualified to work on the intricate system that heats and cools your home. Sadly, some “professionals” are no more qualified than that either.
First and foremost, only work with a company that is licensed, bonded and insured. Make sure the technician is skilled and has hands-on experience. Make sure the pricing is fair; too low a quote should be a red flag.
To prevent making a mistake with who you hire for your heating repairs, it is easier to simply go with the best. At Parker Heating & Air Conditioning we have grown to be the most trusted local name in the business and are known for excellent work, customer service and pricing.