Sometimes, when you’re sneezing, nursing a sore throat, you’d just like to curl up at home and recuperate with a cup of hot tea. Oddly, however, the very home where you seek soothing comfort could actually be the source of your symptoms.

One of today’s more serious health concerns has to do with the air quality inside the home. It’s affected by a lot of potential sources: pet dander, dust, cooking smoke, scented candles, cleaning solutions and more.

To preserve your health, be aware of the stuff that’s in your air. The contaminants that filter in can make you uncomfortable. They can also prompt allergies, asthma attacks, and other respiratory issues. Some unseen gases can be so dangerous they put your life at risk.

No Odor, No Color Can Equal Big Danger.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a particular concern. Because it’s odorless and colorless, you might not know it’s there. But it’s very dangerous and can cause sudden illness and death. Again, the symptoms are the same that other common illnesses create:

  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Weakness
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Chest Pain
  • Confusion

CO is found in many heating systems. As fumes build up, you can be poisoned by breathing them in. Make sure you have a CO detector and have your heating system inspected before the cold season.

Breaking Mold’s Hold

Mold, another big problem for homeowners, grows in warm, damp and humid conditions-which means damp or wet spots in your home can be breeding grounds for mold. The mold spores that are emitted into the home can cause allergic reactions and asthma attacks, even fungal infections or irritation to eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs. Your best defense against mold is to control the moisture in your home.

Get Your Free Report

There are other indoor air concerns too- some of which should be addressed by a professional (like lead paint removal)-while some homeowners just need guidance and a place to start.

We are here to help you in any way we can. If the air in your home is making you sick, give us a call.